This website, www.cirrusstages.oc.uk (“Site”) is owned and operated by Bolton-Le-Moors Car Club (BLMCC)
BLMCC is the Data Controller of personal data collected by use which you provide through the site, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”) as amended by the General Data Protection Regulations which came into force on 25th May 2018.
We may need to change the terms of the Policy from time to time and changes will be posted on this page (and/or where appropriate notified to you). Your continued use of the Site will be deemed to be acceptance of amendments we make. This Policy was last updated on October 16th 2018.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We request that the information you provide is as accurate as possible as this allows us to secure your privacy by differentiating you from others, and creating a “profile” for you so that your application can be processed. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide for commercial marketing.
The only items of personal data we require from you are your name, email address, phone number, organisation or personal address, title, and Motorsport UK Number. This will be obtained so that BLMCC can process an application. We will NEVER share your information with other third parties for any reason other than for processing your application, or in relation to any fraud and credit risk protection. Otherwise we shall obtain your explicit consent.
These will be obtained on our application form. However, the more you tell us about yourself or the organisation, the more we can tailor the application to your needs.
We will use information about you for two primary purposes:
- To manage your application.
- To manage and improve the Site allowing you to use the features offered by the Site. Information we use for this purpose may include (for example) that about your computer and, where applicable, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Bolton-Le-Moors Car Club does not require a user to submit information to browse the site. The only users who are required to submit contact information are those who wish to be authorised submitters on behalf of their organisation or self, or users who wish to receive information directly from the BLMCC.
When you browse, read pages or download information on this website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information will never identity who you are.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third-parties.
We are not responsible or liable for the content, privacy policies or services offered by websites other than the Site, including those which link from the Site. We encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with the privacy policies, terms and conditions and/or other notices on other websites you visit.
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
We realise and understand that children and young people under 18 (“minors”) may visit the Site, or otherwise interact with us. It is our policy:
- To encourage all minors to consult with their parents or legal guardian before submitting any content or information to us. Users of the site, who indicate they are a minor may be asked to provide a valid email address for their parent or guardian so that we may verify parental consent, where required;
- Not to use (or pass to any third party) personal information on persons known to be minors for any commercial purposes.
Parents or legal guardians should supervise minors when online and we recommend parental control tools be put in place. Any minors using the Site and services offered are confirming that they have received the consent of their parent or a guardian to do so.
STORING AND RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data, which is held in a secure place, under password protection in the United Kingdom, in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology.
Once your personal data is received we store it as set out in this Policy.
We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
DISCLOSURE (SHARING) OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- The applications are circulated to the 8 Trustees. The application forms are sent to the Trustees so that they may have an opportunity of examining them prior to the meeting. Once the meeting has been held, all the forms are left at the meeting room so that they can be destroyed. Any forms left at the Trustees place of work or home are destroyed by the Trustees.
- The information store will be limited to the Chief Marshal and Clerk of the Course of the Cirrus Research Stages.
- To protect our rights, property or safety of BLMCC and applicants. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
Where we share your personal information with third parties we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is properly protected and processed in accordance with this Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS TO:
All requests set out in this section or other queries relating to this policy should be addressed to Data Protection Compliance at BLMCC, Bolton. Please include your name, address and/or email address when you contact us.
ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you. There will be no charge towards the cost of administering any request you make. The data will only be made available, within 28 days, at the request of the applicant.
UPDATING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask that the information we hold about you is corrected by contacting as above. We encourage you to update your personal information promptly if it changes.
OPT-OUT OF BEING CONTACTED
You have the right to ask that we stop contacting you by contacting us on the address above.
CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT/DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You (and any parent/guardian of a minor) have the right to request that we remove your application and/or delete your personal information from our database. We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with this request. However, it may not be possible to delete every entry without some delay and without retaining some residual personal information because of backups and records of deletions (including ensuring we no longer communicate with you) or because we are required to retain personal information for other lawful requirements.
If you are dissatisfied with our responses to any of your data privacy concerns you have the right to raise this with the Office of the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF (https://ico.org.uk).